Bialik St. 13, Tiberias. PO Box 760
|Opening Times:||Sunday, Thursday: 8:30 to 13:00, 16:00 to 18:45
Monday, Wednesday: 8:30 to 18:45
Tuesday: 9:00 to 13:00, pm The library is open only enrichment activities
The municipal library in Tiberias opened in 1966. In 1983 it moved to its current location at the Mann “Sheetrit hand”, within the Art and Culture Department of the City of Tiberias.
- Lending books for children, youth, adults and fluent in Russian, English, Spanish and French.
- Study room – consulting services and information search on the Internet, is designed for middle school students, high school students and general public. (Reference room is across the hall.
- Legal Library – donated by the Bar Association Haifa and Northern District in 2003. This contribution was added contribution of Judge Nissim Maman of Tiberias.
- Printing services and photo – copier and a computer station for printing information from the Internet and e-mail.
Enrichment activities afternoon and evening hours;
- Storytime for children – with leading figures in the country, takes place every 3 weeks and is designed for children aged 3-6 years.
- Adult literary sessions – once a month there is a meeting with leading writers and poets.
- “Reading & coffee” – literary sessions with mentor Dr. Ronit Boaz, held on Tuesdays, every three weeks, each session is devoted to a book translated into Hebrew.
- Club “community support” – Library club for older children, with Mogboliot enriching their free time with evenings of poetry, creativity, meetings with writers and other artists.
- “Mobile library” – Mobile reading facility with activities and story time for community centres and primary schools.