Afek, אֲפֵק is a kibbutz located in northern Israel in the Zevulun Valley in the Western Galilee, near the archaeological site of Tel Afek and HaKerayot. It is within the Mateh Asher jurisdiction of. In 2011 it had a population of 509.
The kibbutz was founded in 1935 as Plugat HaYam, פלוגת הים, which means ‘Sea Company’. It lies on the dunes near Kiryat Haim.
In 1938 the kibbutz was moved to the coast in the area of Acre as a ‘tower and stockade’ settlement, and was renamed Mishmar HaYam, משמר הים, which means Sea Guard. In 1947 the village moved again to its current location, this time a short distance inland on the same agricultural lands, based on the decision to abandon fishing and concentrate exclusively on agriculture. Its current name is derived from the adjacent Tel Afek, a candidate for one of the biblical Apheks (Joshua 19:30).
Kibbutz Afek has 200 members and over 450 resident. The kibbutz operates a preschool system and primary school that are open to the general public. The kibbutz economy is based on field crops, orchards, dairy farming, poultry farming, and fish farming. It has three factories: Asiv produces fabrics, Mego medical supplies, and Hinnanit dolls and clothing accessories. Hinnanit also exhibits and sells rugs made from the fabric produced on the kibbutz.