Kefar Sava is located in the Sharon region of the Central District of Israel north of Petah Tikva and east of Rananna. In 2015 its population was 96,922. Kfar Saba is a mid-size city in terms of with a diverse population and a rich community life.
In 1896, Baron de Rothschild bought the land that is today Kfar Saba. The settlement’s first 18 permanent homes were built between 1913 and 1915 on land bought by Baron de Rothschild in 1896. Water was discovered in the early 1920s and 1924 saw an increase in the number of new settlers. Settlers were chiefly involved in the citrus industry. Following World War II Kfar Saba grew rapidly and it was established as a city in 1962.